Medela Lactina Single Pump Set
Medela Lactina Single Pump Set
Reusable pumpset for use with Medela Lactina Select or Lactina Electric Plus Breastpump. PersonalFit Breastshield size M (24millimeter) included.
Lactina Single and Double Pump Set
The reusable Lactina Single and Double Pump Sets were designed for the Medela Lactina Select and Lactina Electric Plus Breastpump. Due to its unique design, the pump set can also be used as a manual breastpump. The pump set includes everything you need as a breastfeeding mother, when using the Lactina Hospital Grade Breastpump. The pump set contains a breastshield in size M (24mm). If another size is needed, different PersonalFit Breastshield sizes are available:
- S (21 mm).
- M (24mm).
- L (27 mm).
- XL (30 mm).
- XXL (36 mm).
Medela ensures maximum comfort for every mother, because it can offer breastshields in a wide range of sizes. A bottle for 150 ml breastmilk is included in every pump set.Free of Bisphenol A
All components of the pump set that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA-free.
- Unplug breastpump prior to cleaning.
- At home Daily or when spills occur.
- In between each mother and/or on a regular basis, e.g. daily.
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe over the breastpump. Optionally, soapy water or a non-abrasive detergent may be used.
- Do not spray or pour liquid directly onto the pump.
- Do not immerse the Symphony pump unit in water or shower the diaphragm area.
- Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water before touching the breast and pump parts.
- The breast and surrounding area needs cleaning with a damp cloth. Soap or alcohol should not be used which can dry the skin and cause cracked nipples.
- Touching the inside of bottles and lids should be avoided.
From the Manufacturer
In almost 40 years, Medela has developed from a one man distribution company to a global producer of the most technologically advanced breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories – which have been used by millions of mothers and their babies worldwide.
Throughout its history, Medela has been pushing the boundaries to create safe, efficient and best-selling products: Medela introduced the world’s first quality manual breast pump in 1983, and the world’s first phototherapy system for the treatment of neonatal jaundice which was small enough to be placed in a baby’s cot, in 1994. More recently, Medela introduced the 2-Phase Expression Technology, the world’s only research-based breast pump technology that mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm, resulting in getting mothers more milk in less time. A key aspect of Medela’s past and present success is a relentless focus on research-based medical technology – which will insure, on an on-going base, innovations in the fields of breastfeeding, phototherapy and “Healthcare”.
Breastfeeding BenefitsBreastfeeding provides close physical contact for an ideal relationship between mother and child.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the mother
- Quicker return of uterus to pre-pregnancy size with minimal bleeding
- Lower risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Less stress since Breastmilk is always available
- Saves time, costs and waste
- Nursing the baby helps the mother regain her normal figure
- Breastfeeding mothers often experience an increased self-confidence and a better adjustment with their babies
- Breastfed babies are healthier so their mothers will have less absenteeism from their workplace.
Advantages of breastfeeding for the baby
- Most natural nourishment
- Protection against infections such as diarrhoea, otitis media
- Promotion of optimal brain growth and intelligence of the child
- Breastmilk meets the needs of the baby; its composition changes according to the baby’s age
- Mouth, jaw and tongue movements during suckling have a positive influence on the speech development
- Less incidence of allergic diseases
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases his risk to develop necrotizing enter colitis (NEC)
- Breastmilk has the right temperature and needs no preparation. It is readily available whenever your baby needs it
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the child and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful experiences for mother and child. Breastmilk contains all the important nutrients and antibodies for a baby to thrive. Breastfeeding helps the baby to build up his own immune system. There is no other nourishment which has the specific contents for a new-born. For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), midwives and lactation consultants as well as Paediatricians all recommend that babies should be nourished exclusively with Breastmilk during the first six months after they are born.