Showing the single result
Showing the single result
Bedsores most commonly arise over bony areas in the body such as under the buttocks or on the shoulders, heels or hips. Bed sores are be difficult to treat, exceedingly painful and even life threatening in intense cases. Bed sore mattress and bed pad systems is a great solution in preventing pressure ulcers, generally called bed sores by scattering pressure away from bone protuberance via alternating pressure.
1. Prolonged bed rest without enough movement and exercise often leads to bed sores, which is likely to get infected and can be a very serious matter.
2. Pressure sores happen if you can’t move around and so stay in one position for a lengthy time. We usually move very regularly, even when sleeping.
3. People who are not capable to move around lean to put force on the same areas of the body for a long time. Being ill form a very long time, confined to bed or in a wheelchair, it could be risk of getting bed sores.
1. Sustained pressure:- When your skin and the basic tissues are ensnared between bone and a surface such as a bed or wheelchair, the pressure may be greater than the strain of the blood flowing in the capillaries that distribute oxygen and other nutrients to tissues. This sort of pressure tends to happen in areas that aren’t well padded with muscle or fat and that lie just over our bone like tailbone, spine shoulder blades, hips, elbows and heels. And such a condition is the biggest reason of Bedsores.
2. Friction:- When a person transforms position or is handled by someone else, friction may happen when the skin is dragged across a surface. The struggle to motion may be even greater if the skin is moist and damp. Friction between skin and another surface may make delicate skin more vulnerable and can cause bedsore.
3. Shear:- Shear occurs when two surfaces move in the opposing direction. For instance, when a hospital bed is elevated at the top, a person can glide down in bed. As the tailbone moves downward, the skin over the bone might stay in place – basically pulling in the reverse direction. This action might damage blood vessels and tissue, making the place more helpless to damage from sustained pressure.
4. Other reasons: Being unable to move around easily due to old age chronic illness. Some people having less padding over bony areas are prone to bedsore. A poor diet, moist skin and Lack of fluid is also at times considered a reason of bedsores.
1. Treating bed sores can be complex. The open wounds of bed sores are slow to cure, and often the skin and other tissues have already been destroyed or damaged. Already Infected sores heal very slowly and the infection can multiply to other parts of the body.
2. The best cure for bed sores is prevention. Be definite to change the patient’s position frequently, at least every 15 minutes if patient is in a wheelchair and at least once every two hours when he is in bed.
3. Air-filled mattresses, water-filled mattresses, Foam mattress pads and Special cushions, can help a person lie in a suitable position, alleviate pressure and protect weak areas from damage. Your doctor or care provider can advise an apt mattress for your condition.
4. Using gentle soap and applying moisturizer is beneficial in prevent the skin from becoming dry and aggravated which is a reason that increases the chance of bed sores developing. You can also clean the sore by cleaning the area with a salt-water solution as it eliminates extra fluid and loose material from the sores.
It is imperative for people with an increased risk of developing bed sores to move as often as possible with help from others, if needed. Moreover, pressure-relieving supports like special mattresses and mattress overlays can lower the risk of getting bed sores. There are many options, including air, foam, gel or water mattresses. These special mattresses and cushions are capable of relieving pressure on vulnerable and week parts of the body. Those thought to be at risk of developing bed sore, or those already fighting with bedsores, typically benefit from a particularly intended Bedsore mattress, which relieves the pressure on their body.
People with a grade three or four Bedsore will need a more sophisticated mattress like there are mattresses that can be allied to a regular flow of air, which is routinely regulated to reduce pressure as and when requisite. To ease the sufferings of critically ill patients prone to developing bed sores owing to prolonged immobilization, many hospitals have turned to air mattresses to make their hospitalization period easy.
1. Easy Care Anti Decubitis Mattress:- This mattress is exceptionally comfortable for patients with terminal and fatal disease. This Mattress comes with an electric air pump for pressure control. The pressure reduction property allows a relaxing posture to the patient.
2. Equinox Low Risk Mattress EQ AB 22:- Equinox Low Risk Mattress EQ AB 22 is a user friendly and ease of setup Mattress which makes it ideal for professional use and the home bound patient. The mattress is an air floatation mattress system with low air dislocation characteristic.
Bed sores are localized areas of soft tissue wound resulting from compression between a bony eminence and an exterior surface. They are very common in seriously ill patients who are forced to stay in bed subsequent to critical surgery. Products such as alternating air mattresses are used to help alleviate pressure ulcers but must be used as an aid to care not as a curative in their own right. There are a range of special mattresses and cushions that can alleviate pressure on vulnerable parts of the body and can help in dealing with bedsores.